The Hughes 9502 IP satellite terminal provides reliable connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) for IP SCADA and machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. 9502 comes in two piece modem/antenna package or one piece modem/antenna in a single outdoor unit to suit your installation needs. C1D2 compliance option is available for intrinsic safety requirement to operate in oil and gas industry.
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure “always-on” network connectivity. No manual intervention required to recover from an outage.
- Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection.
- Remote control via SMS—remote management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and access to Web interface.
- Relay mode passes WAN IP address to the connected RTU.
- Firmware upgrades over the air or local.
- C1D2 option available.
- Ethernet connection (RJ45)
- USB–Type B for connection to configuration PC
- RS-232 (DB9) to external NMEA 0183-based GNSS device (e.g., GLONASS receiver)
What’s in the Box
- Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M Terminal IDU
- 10 meters RF antenna cable
- External antenna (ODU)
- Antenna basic fixed mount kit that includes pole, bracket, bubble level and azimuth elevation bracket. Can be fixed to vertical or horizontal surface. Applicable for both 9502 one piece and 9502 two piece antenna/ODU installation.
- Antenna azimuth elevation bracket if you have an existing 1.6” or 2.0” diameter pole. Applicable for both 9502 one piece and 9502 two piece antenna/ODU installation.
- IDU mounting strap for 9502 two piece modem/IDU mounting inside cabinet.